By Michael J. Aminoff, S.Andrew Josephson
Aminoff's Neurology and basic Medicine is the normal and vintage reference offering accomplished assurance of the connection among neurologic perform and common drugs. As neurologists are requested to refer to on basic health conditions, this reference presents an authoritative instrument linking basic health conditions to precise neurologic matters and issues. this is often additionally a worthwhile instrument for the final practitioner looking to comprehend the neurologic features in their scientific perform.
Completely revised with new chapters protecting metastatic illness, bladder ailment, psychogenic issues, dementia, and pre-operative and post-operative care of sufferers with neurologic problems, this re-creation will back be the go-to reference for either neurologists and basic practitioners.
- The commonplace authoritative reference detailing the connection among neurology and basic medicine.
- 100% revised and up-to-date with a number of new chapters
- Well illustrated, with so much illustrations in complete color
Read Online or Download Aminoff's Neurology and General Medicine PDF
Similar neuroscience books
The mind and the internal international is an eagerly-awaited account of a momentous revolution. Subjective psychological states like attention, emotion, and dreaming have been as soon as restrained to the area of philosophy, psychoanalysis, and the human sciences. those subject matters now think middle degree in major neuroscientific laboratories world wide.
New three-d endoanal and endorectal ultrasonographic and magnetic resonance imaging innovations have given greater perception into the complicated anatomy of the pelvic flooring and its pathologic amendment in benign anorectal illnesses. Obstetrical occasions resulting in fecal incontinence in adult females, the connection among fistulous tracks and the sphincter advanced, and mechanisms of obstructed defecation syndrome can now be properly evaluated, that's of basic significance for selection making.
To foster a greater realizing of dopamine receptor performance, this specified quantity creates an interface among up-to-date classical equipment and new rising applied sciences heretofore now not to be had to new or pro researchers. Divided in 5 sections devoted to experimental methods investigating diversified aspects of dopaminergic sign transduction, Dopamine Receptor applied sciences covers epigenetic and post-transcriptional research, computational and biochemical recommendations, visualization and imaging equipment, molecular and cellphone organic instruments, in addition to behavioral overview.
Every one identify within the new built-in sequence specializes in the center wisdom in a particular simple technological know-how self-discipline, whereas linking that details to comparable thoughts from different disciplines. Case-based questions on the finish of every bankruptcy provide help to gauge your mastery of the fabric, and a color-coded structure enables you to fast locate the categorical advice you wish.
- Biomarkers in Alzheimer's Disease
- Cholinergic Mechanisms: from Molecular Biology to Clinical Significance
- Parkinson Disease: A Health Policy Perspective
- Physiology, Psychoacoustics and Cognition in Normal and Impaired Hearing
- The Soul of the World
- MEG: An Introduction to Methods
Additional resources for Aminoff's Neurology and General Medicine
89. Beydoun SR: Delayed diagnosis of Lambert-Eaton myasthenic syndrome in a patient presenting with recurrent refractory respiratory failure. Muscle Nerve 17:689, 1994. 90. Nicolle MW, Stewart DJ, Remtulla H, et al: LambertEaton myasthenic syndrome presenting with severe respiratory failure. Muscle Nerve 19:1328, 1996. 91. Zifko UA, Hahn AF, Remtulla H, et al: Central and peripheral respiratory electrophysiological studies in myotonic dystrophy. Brain 119:1911, 1996. 92. Brunner HG, Spaans F, Smeets HJ, et al: Genetic linkage with chromosome 19 but not chromosome 17 in a family with myotonic dystrophy associated with hereditary motor and sensory neuropathy.
Hypocalcemia with alkalosis may cause seizures and tetany. Metabolic disorders such as hepatic encephalopathy, salicylate poisoning, and sepsis also may result in a respiratory alkalosis. Alkalosis results in reduced cerebral blood flow from cerebral vasoconstriction, reduced oxygen availability to tissues from shift of the oxygen–hemoglobin dissociation curve, and hypophosphatemia, which may rarely cause acute neuromuscular weakness. 113 20 AMINOFF’S NEUROLOGY AND GENERAL MEDICINE Headache Awakening headache and cluster headache have been associated with OSAHS, and treatment with positive airway pressure has been shown to improve headache in these patients.
20. Maskill D, Murphy K, Mier A, et al: Motor cortical representation of the diaphragm in man. J Physiol 443:105, 1991. 21. Cohen E, Mier A, Heywood P, et al: Diaphragmatic movement in hemiplegic patients measured by ultrasonography. Thorax 49:890, 1994. 22. Lee HW, Hong SB, Tae WA, et al: Partial seizures manifesting as apnea only in an adult. Epilepsia 40:1828, 1999. 23. Bolton CF, Chen R, Wijdicks EFM, et al: 232 pp. Neurology of Breathing. Butterworth Heinemann, Philadelphia, 2004. Breathing and the Nervous System 24.