By Philip J. Rosenthal
Philip Rosenthal, MD, and a panel of top malaria specialists drawn from academia, the army, and foreign health and wellbeing enterprises survey the most recent medical knowing of antimalarial chemotherapy, emphasizing the molecular mechanisms of resistance and the outline of significant new ambitions. Their survey covers the present prestige of malarial and antimalarial chemotherapy, the correct biology and biochemistry of malaria parasites, the antimalarial medications presently to be had, new chemical methods to chemotherapy, and attainable new pursuits for chemotherapy. accomplished and state-of-the-art, Antimalarial Chemotherapy: Mechanisms of motion, Resistance, and New instructions in Drug Discovery in actual fact delineates the entire simple and medical study now addressing one of many world's significant unresolved disorder difficulties, paintings that's now powerfully using the fast speed of antimalarial drug discovery this present day.
Read Online or Download Antimalarial Chemotherapy: Mechanisms of Action, Resistance, and New Directions in Drug Discovery (Infectious Disease) PDF
Best viral books
Nucleic Acid checking out for Human illness describes a number of ideas together with goal and sign amplification-based NAT strategies, microarrays, bead-based multiplex assays, in situ hybridization, and SNP concepts. This e-book discusses RNA expression profiling and laboratory matters equivalent to the necessity for correct validation of exams meant for regimen use.
This can be a 3-in-1 reference publication. It provides an entire clinical dictionary overlaying thousands of phrases and expressions with regards to hepatitis C virus. It additionally offers large lists of bibliographic citations. ultimately, it presents info to clients on how you can replace their wisdom utilizing numerous web assets.
This publication is an account of an important historic occasion, on the planet of drugs. because the son of 1 of the lead scientists who constructed the vaccine for meningococcal meningitis, Andrew Artenstein has a distinct point of view at the tale. within the Blink of a watch stocks his adventure.
- The Official Patient's Sourcebook on Sporotrichosis: A Revised and Updated Directory for the Internet Age
- The Comprehensive Sourcebook of Bacterial Protein Toxins
- The Biology of Dendritic Cells and HIV Infection
- On Minding and Being Minded: Experiencing Bion and Beckett
Extra info for Antimalarial Chemotherapy: Mechanisms of Action, Resistance, and New Directions in Drug Discovery (Infectious Disease)
Ducts channels and transporters in Plasmodium-infected erythrocytes. Parasitol Today 1994;10:393–395. 29. Rathod PK, Khatri A. Synthesis and antiproliferative activity of threo-5-fluoro-Ldihydroorotate. J Biol Chem 1990;265:14,242–14,249. 30. Rathod PK, Khosla M, Gassis S, Young RD, Lutz C. Selection and characterization of 5-fluoroorotate-resistant Plasmodium falciparum. Antimicrob Agents Chemother 1994;38: 2871–2876. 31. Jiang JB, Li GQ, Guo XB, Kong YC, Arnold K. Antimalarial activity of mefloquine and qinghaosu.
The polyprotein precursor to the Euglena Light-harvesting chlorophyll a/b-binding protein is transported to the Golgi apparatus prior to chloroplast import and polyprotein processing. J Biol Chem 1995;270:13,084–13,090. 52. Warren G. Intracellular membrane morphology. Trans R Soc Lond Series B Biological Studies 1995;349:291–295. 53. Elmendorf HG, Haldar K. Identification and localization of ERD2 in the malaria parasite Plasmodium falciparum: separation of sites of sphingomyelin synthesis and implications for the organization of the Golgi.
48. Ansorge I, Paprotka K, Bhakdi S, Lingelbach K. Permeabilization of the erythrocyte with streptolysin O allows access to the vacuolar membrane of Plasmodium falciparum and molecular analysis of membrane topology. Mol Biochem Parasitol 1997;84:259–261. 49. Ansorge I, Benting J, Bhakdi S, Lingelbach K. Protein sorting in Plasmodium falciparuminfected red blood cells permeablised with the pore forming protein streptolysin O. Biochem J 1996;315:307–314. 50. Benting J, Mattei D, Lingelbach K. Brefeldin A inhibits transport of glycophorin binding protein from Plasmodium falciparum into the host erythrocyte.